Wednesday, November 12, 2008

The Secret

Well, time surely isn't standing still. We are continuing to run. We had the championships this last Saturday and now this weekend we will be having our Region Championships. I can't even begin to express my joy with the efforts of the kids. DC dropped his time by four minutes, he sprinted and passed three other runner's. Amazing!! LM took on the challenge after starting his race with the "grumpies" and took another minute off of his time. Amazing!! DS dropped four minutes off of her time as well, and ran with such joy that all you can do is smile when you watch her. Amazing!
I did a little graph for the kids to see their progress along this challenging journey that running cross country has taken us on and charted out their times from their first race to their last race and all I can say is WOW. You wouldn't believe the progress. They should be so proud of themselves!! We are. Our body, our minds, and our spirit are a gift. Use them wisely.
Be patient, grateful, prayerful and find joy in the journey . . . just a part of the secret to our life.

2 comments:

family said...

Krista I am amazed!!! Your kids are awesome. Are they racing through school or is it a community thing?

One Step at a Time said...

Hey Heather!
Australia, I am sooo excited for you guys!! What an awesome opportunity!!
They are racing through the USA Track and Field, a junior olympics team. They have associations all over, you and your clan would be naturals at it with all your sprinting practice!! They do track and cross country at various times during the year.